Monday, October 10, 2005

I love Drama!















I’m not a good actress but I love to learn drama subject offered by the university. This subject requires me to do lots of reading and understanding. Perhaps we also need to imagine so that we could feel the story inside it.

I was first being introduced to drama subject during my first year study at the matriculation. The most exciting part was when the whole class has to act according to the story they selected. I was so nervous when I got into the stage. Even tough I acted just a small part but I still remember that my hands were shaking!

Remembering back when I studied drama at the matriculation centre, I was quite shocked knowing that the university offered subject like this and I still remember the lecturer that I missed so much, Miss Adlina (now Madam). She’s really a good lecturer and there was one time my group presents a story about a triangle love as we have to bring all the “hantaran” and bunga manggar as and the main actor and actress wore a very beautiful wedding dress if we were really having a wedding ceremony.

That was the story when I was in matriculation. Here at the main campus, techniques of teaching were the same except for the story. I’ve learned Hamlet, Agamemnon, Madam Butterfly, ermm..can’t really remember of other story but it’s fun. For Hamlet, I still remember when that time I did not register the subject yet. I went out for window shopping with my friends and suddenly I get into one shop that sells on the VCD / CD kind of thing. I looked at the VCD of Hamlet and was thinking to buy it. Thank God that my decision was right as I have to learn the story for the next semester. For me, there is no use of reading Shakespeare’s story without understands it. So the best way to understand was by watching at the VCD then you will understand.

What about the presentation?..hurmm…ha ha ha..it’s also kind of funny. Everyone who knows me will notice that I will shake a lot when doing the acting. Thank God that I was able to memorize all the line!!

0 comments: